A Collaborative Approach to BPCI Patient Management Yields Positive Outcomes
Since 2015, Panorama Orthopedics & Spine Center in Golden, Colorado has partnered with Care Navigation Services to operationalize Panorama’s OrthoPlus patient management program. In this model, Care Navigation Services provides care coordination services, via their Care Engage program, with two on-site RN Navigators and a 24/7 paramedic-staffed call center. The Care Navigation Services team works closely with the Panorama physicians, acute partners and preferred post-acute providers to remedy potential pre-operative patient barriers for a successful post-operative recovery process.
Panorama CEO, Eric Worthan is pleased with the value Care Navigation Services has afforded the OrthoPlus program. “Care Navigation Services has helped Panorama to manage our patients through the care continuum. They have the knowledge and resources necessary to operate efficiently within a bundled payment care model” states Worthan.
When comparing outcomes among physician groups of a similar size, Panorama’s OrthoPlus program ranks high:
- Leading in Reduction of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Utilization: 37% reduction
- Leading in SNF Length of Stay (LOS): 18.2% better than the group average
- Leading in Percent Reduction of SNF LOS: 26% reduction
- Leading in Number of Home Health Visits per Episodes: 25% lower than group average, as a result of more coordinated and effective care leading to improved home health utilization
- All leading to the largest percent reduction in Readmission Incidents: 37% reduction in readmission incidents
Note: Includes DRGs 469 and 470; Elective and Trauma Episodes; Group Size of 501-700 BPCI Annual Episodes.
Julie Meurer, Panorama’s Vice President of Operations, is pleased with program outcomes and recognizes Care Navigation Services’ positive contribution. “Our physicians respect Care Navigation Services’ professional approach to patient engagement and care coordination throughout the entire episode risk period. Our outcomes continue to demonstrate the success of the Panorama-Care Navigation Services partnership.”
For more information about Panorama and our OrthoPlus program, please visit our website at www.panoramaortho.com
For more information about Care Navigation Services and their Care Engage program, please visit their website at www.carenavigationservices.com